• 2 whole uncut fresh lemons (squeezed & strained for juice)
• 2/3 ounces or 20 grams of marigold flowers (you can buy at health food store)
• 2/3 ounces or 20 grams of chamomile flowers (buy at health food store)
• 1 – 1 1/4 ounces or 30 grams of finely chopped or powdered rhubarb root ((grocery store or heath food store)
• 2 ounces or 50 grams of acacia honey (health food store)
• 1 pint or 1/2 liter cider vinegar
• 2 ounces or 50 grams of 95% proof liqueur alcohol (liquor store)
Put the vinegar and rhubarb into a stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer very gently for 10 minutes. Be sure to make it exactly 10 minutes. Less or more may cause problems.
Add the chamomile and marigold flowers and juice of the two lemons. Cover the pan and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove completely from the heat.
Let the mixture stand covered with the lid until the liquid is tepid. Filter the concoction through a fine sieve into a bottle.
Make sure you squeeze out any liquid in the herbs left in the sieve. Remember to be careful since the liquid may still be warm or even a tiny bit hot.
Add the honey, alcohol and squeezed and strained lemon juice from the 2 lemons. Put a tight cap on the bottle and store for your next shampoo.