• 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses – this is a thick, very dark brown to almost black, sticky sugar. It is fairly solid, so don’t go for the liquid type.
• 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt – the unsweetened type; Greek natural yoghurt is good.
• 3 tablespoons of coconut milk
• 2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• 3 tablespoon of castor oil
You can also add half a banana (overripe and pureed/blended) and 2 tablespoon of olive oil. This is for added moisture, but is optional.
If you find the mixture too runny, simply add about 1-2 teaspoons of cornflour to thicken up the mix. I prefer not to – I don’t mind it being a bit runny. I apply to my hair, cling film wrap the hair, add a plastic bag on top and wear a scarf around my hair. After about 45 minutes, I might start dripping, so I place a towel around my neck. It’s a li’l bit messy, but the results are great.